Last Friday, members of the South Belton Jazz Band participated in the TMEA All-Region Jazz auditions at Bonham MS in Temple. One jazz band of 21 students is created from these blind auditions from over 170 area band students.
I am happy to report that a school record-setting 7 students earned a position in the All-Region Jazz Band; 1/3 of the entire ensemble are from South Belton! We also placed 3 alternates that serve as honorable mentions. Please join me in congratulating the following students:
- Ashu G. earned 1st chair out of 13 tenor saxophones, and is a 2-Year All-Region Jazz Band member
- Colby Franklin earned 1st chair out of 37 trumpets
- Aiden Orsag earned 3rd chair out of 37 trumpets
- Autumn Madetzke earned 4th chair out of 29 trombones, and is a 2-Year All-Region Jazz Band member
- Pablo Ureste earned 5th chair out of 29 trombones
Also, for the first time in the school’s history, South Belton took both the drummer spots!
- Brennan Lanham earned 1st chair out of 12 drummers
- Grayson Necessary earned 2nd chair out of 12 drummers
These additional students earned alternate spots as honorable mentions:
- Liam Bower placed 7th out of 37 trumpets, and serves as the 2nd Alternate
- Kyan Pulley placed 6th out of 29 trombones, and serves as the 1st Alternate
- Ethan Suarez-Camacho placed 2nd out of 6 vibraphones, and serves as the 1st Alternate
Thank you for your support of the South Belton Band program!