Hello Band Families! For those of you whom I have not yet had contact with, I am glad to (virtually) meet you! This year will have its challenges, but I am excited to be at SBMS and am looking forward to a musically rewarding year with your children!
As we all wait to hear the newest guidance for school this Fall, I wanted to reach out to you and give you the information I have so far.
- Everything Day was scheduled for August 3rd and 4th. This has been cancelled and moved to an online event. Please visit https://forms.gle/h8k9z7Ay8hGggisT9
- Any money that needs to be collected for instrument usage, t-shirts, etc. can be turned in to the main office at SBMS from 8am-4pm any weekday. Please mention that these are band fees and you will get a receipt. We can accept cash or check only.
- Any 6th grader who has not yet been placed on an instrument for this Fall, please contact me ASAP so we can place you.
- The band website has been updated under the FORMS and CALENDAR section. Please visit sbmsband.net/ for the latest updates.
- ATTENTION ALL 6th Grade Parents- you should have received a packet of information with a list of required supplies. Please see the “Materials and Supplies” tab for a BEGINNER supply list for your reference.
- ATTENTION ALL 7/8th Grade Parents- Please see the “Materials and Supplies” tab for the ADVANCED supply list for your reference.
- There are many ways to purchase supplies from these lists. One option is to go online to go to www.musicarts.com/rentals. This user-friendly system already includes the additional supplies needed for band at SBMS. When prompted, please select DELIVER TO SCHOOL IN THE FALL. This will ensure that we have time to teach your children how to properly use the instrument to avoid damage.
As things may change, please feel free to reach out and ask any questions you may have. We are looking forward to returning to school in a safe environment to teach your children. Thank you for your continued patience.
Mrs. Sara Wiley
South Belton Middle School