Dear Band Family,
This message contains updates for several events/reminders, so please take a moment to read through to the end.
- Please “friend” SBMS Band on Facebook and Instagram. On the page we include pictures, reminders, events, and video clips from class.
- Band Polos and Beginner Band T-shirts are in! Polos have been passed out to Symphonic and Wind Ensemble students. Beginner T-shirts will be passed out at the end of next week. If you have not already, please send in your payment for the shirts you ordered. The polos are $20 and t-shirts are $10. Cash or check only, please. This is a required part of the band uniform for all concerts throughout the school year.
- Beginner Band Sit-In Concert is going VIRTUAL! We will be recording during class in the next week on Thursday (10/22) and your children will need to wear their band shirts. The recording will be released on the band website sbmsband.net on October 29th at 7 pm. Please join us to hear what your children have been learning and band expectations and procedures for practicing at home.
- The Wind Ensemble will be releasing a “Fall Concert” video of a song we have been working on in class on October 30th. We ask that students in the Wind Ensemble bring a costume to band class on October 29th for this recording. Costumes should be school appropriate and not scary in nature.
- Winter Concert is ON! We will be holding our Winter Concert in person on Tuesday, December 8th in the gym at SBMS. Beginner Band will perform at 6:30 pm, Symphonic Band at 7 pm, and Wind Ensemble/Jazz Ensemble at 7:30 pm. There will be a break in between groups to sanitize. Concert Attire is required-
- Beginner’s Ensemble: The uniform will consist of a SBMS Band shirt. Purchasing the shirt will be done at Band Registration. The band shirt will be tucked into blue jeans (no overalls, please). Sleeves are not to be tied up at the shoulders. Please refrain from wearing necklaces, large earrings, and bracelets that would distract from the uniform appearance of the ensemble. A belt should be worn by gentlemen, and students should wear calf-length socks, NOT ankle socks. All students should wear closed-toed shoes.
- Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble & Jazz Ensemble: Symphonic Band & Wind Ensemble members have an official South Belton Band polo shirt. Jazz Ensemble members will purchase a separate polo shirt for their performances. Students will supply their own: • Solid black, plain-front pants. NO jeans and NO cargo pockets. • Solid black belt for gentlemen. • Solid black calf-length dress socks. NO ankle socks. • Solid black closed-toed dress shoes. NO sneakers. Shirts will be tucked in for performances.
We look forward to sharing some great music with you in the next few months and are so glad your children are a part of the SBMS Band!
Mrs. Sara Wiley
South Belton Middle School