Hello SBMS Band Family!
Solo and Ensemble Contest is coming up next Saturday, April 10th. Your child will be performing for a professional musician on a piece of music they have been preparing for several months. More details are forthcoming, but students will be assigned a time to perform between 9 am-12 pm. This is a required performance for all SBMS band students. Please let me know as soon as possible if your family has any conflicts with this contest.
Due to COVID protocol, this year’s contest will be a little different.
- Students will not warm up in the cafeteria. They should do a proper warmup at home and be prepared to play a few notes in their judges room before they perform.
- Students should go in and out of the building through the main entrance. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your performance time and leave immediately afterwards. Parents are asked not to enter the building.
- Ratings will be given with judges comments on Monday, April 12th.
Finally, concert attire is required for this performance.
- Beginners: Red band t-shirt tucked into jeans with a belt (gentlemen) and closed-toed shoes
- Symphonic/Wind Ensemble: Red band polo shirt tucked into black pants with a belt (gentlemen) with black calf-length socks and black dress shoes
Mrs. Sara Wiley
South Belton Middle School